Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Fitbit Updates

Happy January all. I can't believe we're pretty much half way through already. It's been so busy!

I have been consistently wearing my fitbit and logging all my food (and wine, every glass, I promise) and workouts in to MyFitnessPal for over two weeks now and I really like having this new visual.

I've always eaten well, and with the exception of the wine, don't splurge much but just eating healthy hasn't resulted in any continued weight loss. And now I have a better visual on why.

The fitbit measures everything I do during the day and connected to MyFitnessPal can fairly accurately show me the calories I normally burn during the day in comparison to what I eat.

Intake vs Output.

And they're actually quite even on a normal day with minimal exercise. Good for maintaining. Not good for continued weight loss though.

I have six measly little pounds that I want to lose to fit into my PRE BABY clothes comfortably. I can wear many now, but not comfortably. I have a left over roll of prego belly around my middle that is better, but still not nearly where I want it to be.

On days were I do a ballet video workout, or yoga routine, or even spend 20-30 minutes boxing (on my awesome new punching bag that I love, love, love) my output doesn't increase to a level that is going to see the results I want. When I run for 30 minutes, that's when I burn the calories needed.

So, I need to come up with a routine that lets me run a bit more. Which is good to know.

I do love that punching bag though. There is a level of therapy that nothing else matches. It's awesome. There is one minor drawback though. Boxing with my fitbit and the boxes gloves on results in a rather sore bruise on my wrist.


Going to have to figure that one out. I'm not going to workout without the fitbit, that just defeats the whole point. But I'm going to have to come up with a way to keep it on and out of the way.

Here's to January fitness goals! 

No comments:

Post a Comment