Monday, January 18, 2016

There will be challenge rules from now on

So one of my friends created a fitbit challenge this weekend to see who could get the highest step count. I was pretty excited about it and planned on some good walking with the girls.

Here's the thing. No matter what, I still have to do the mom thing. Every Day. Even on weekends. Especially on weekends.

So when my fellow challengees consist of a single man, with no kids and two retired people, who's children and grandchildren are not in the house, it's kind of hard for us plain old mom's to keep up when the other people in the challenge have nothing better to do but run all weekend.

The differences are staggering. My two day total was 25,378 steps and I came in fourth. Part of that was an almost two mile walk that I took with my girls Saturday morning. Everything else was pretty much just normal life for me.

The winner, one of the two retired folks, was 40,135 steps. Seriously, nothing better to do. The single man was second with 34,745 and the other older gentleman was 33,557. People without kids...

I am happy that of the 'plain old moms' in the group, I did get the highest step count. The next closest to mine was just over 20,000 steps.

Next time, I don't think I'll participate in challenges with people that separate from my own situation. I don't think it's  a fair comparison given the time available to work on the challenge for each person.

(ok, maybe I"m a sore loser)


No comments:

Post a Comment