Monday, February 1, 2016

Another failed party

I don't know why I try. I really don't. I also don't know why my parties fail. But they do. All of them. Every time. Whether it's for work, for a charity organization, to support a friends new business, or just a celebration. No one comes to my parties.

I have a friend who recently became a consultant for Rodan and Fields and I bought a line from her the end of last year to be supportive, and I really like it. I think it's a good product. So I offered to host a party for her.

Silly me. I should have known better.

I invited 30 women. Some friends, some coworkers, some of the mom's I know from the girls' school. 30 people total.

I had 6 respond that they would attend.

I had two cancel.

I had one person show up.

One.

I spent the rest of the day in tears. I would never do that to someone. I would never RSVP to a party and just not show up. No email, no call. Nothing.

I didn't sleep well. I feel like shit today and I'm just sad. My heart is just sad. I don't understand. I have good friends. When they throw parties their houses are packed with people. When I throw parties...crickets.

The last party I threw was four years ago. Ali's first birthday. We invited all our friends, planned a big party and no one came. It hurt me so badly that it took four years before I tried again.

I just don't understand.

No comments:

Post a Comment