Monday, February 15, 2016

Results

The thing is, I know what I need to do to get the results I want, I'm just not usually willing to do it.

What I need to do is lay off the wine. It's a crutch that is 100% mental and I know it is but I just hadn't been willing to let go of it.

It's embarrassing to admit to how much I normally drink, and I'm not quite ready for that, but let's just leave it at: I have a drink every day.

The weekend before last, I had enough. I was tired of waking up feeling like crap. Before church I dumped out two mostly full bottles of wine so there was nothing in the house. And it stayed that way for most of the week.

I have to say I have not been 100% faithful to the 'no wine' mantra, but out of the last 9 days, I have not had a drink on 5 of them. That's pretty huge for me. And, on the days where I did have wine, I had at most 2 glasses and on one day, I had half a glass, that's it. Again, huge for me.

I also recently signed up with Daily Burn, which is AWESOME! I love the different workouts every day and they have workouts as short as 15 minutes, which is frequently all I have.

In 9 days I have lost 2 lbs, 'wine weight' which I knew was there.

My body feels better.

My brain feels better.

I have marked on the calendar every day that I don't drink and it is very satisfying to put another mark on the page.

Bolstered by success and by not being hungover at Church this week, I am excited to dive into another good week of fun workouts and no drinking.

Will update!

No comments:

Post a Comment