Wednesday, June 10, 2015

How to feed a crowd (or two athletes) on short notice

I'm not sure how many of you are accustomed to feeding athletes but there is a significant difference in what a normal person eats and what an athlete eats.

When I say athlete, I mean someone who runs marathons, competes in triathlons, and tends to consider a 60+ mile cycling day as part of the normal routine.

Put more than one of those in a room, and you go through a lot of food.

A lot.

So when you get a text at 8 am from your athlete husband saying that his athlete friend is coming for dinner that night, it is normal to start to panic a little.

So, here was our menu for Monday night, which was basically our menu for the week, condensed.

Baked BBQ Chicken
Corn on the Cobb
Roasted Red Potatoes
Zucchini Casserole
Brownies (Thank you Betty Crocker)

And, I made it all in about an hour. Just over actually since the zucchini takes an hour to cook, but holy moly was that worth it! Really good casserole.

And, I made all of that while feeding dinner to the girls (leftovers from the weekend). Bathing Ali and putting Elle to bed before company arrived.

Ha!

Take that!

(PS, my knee is better. I've been eating lighter. Feeling less bloated. Down two of the four nasty lbs and not feeling as low as I had been. Better week this week.)

No comments:

Post a Comment