Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Introducing, Elle

It's been a little while, as is probably assumed, we had a baby! December 27th. On her due date. Both of my girls were born on their due dates. We have very punctual children.


There is so much to say and so much to tell. First, I am ditching the 'Baby A' name for my oldest girl, she is Ali and we now have Elle. That's just easier to do now and it get's hard to remember not to type out names.

We are all doing really well. Ali is very interested in the baby and loves to hold her, for about 15-20 seconds at a time, and enjoys helping to feed her and hold the bottle. My mother in law got her a baby doll for Christmas and she has been playing with it almost non stop. She feeds it, burps it, puts it down for naps and keeps it very, very clean. Have I mentioned Ali's obsession with baby wipes? It's a little OCD. I blame my husband...  :)

Elle is a sleeper so far. She's a great eater and has been a very chill baby. We're up at 1 or 1:30 most nights for a feeding and then again around 4:30 or 5. Hard to argue with that kind of schedule. The only real issue is that she frequently gets the hiccups after eating and so it's hard for us to get back to sleep until they subside.

I am doing really well too. Not 100%, but hey, it hasn't even been two weeks yet, right? I have however, lost over 20 lbs. I ended up with a total of 34 gained, BUT!! I maintain that it was a 30 lb pregnancy and a 4 lb Christmas! There is no way I would have gained those last four without all the cakes, and pies, and cookies, and candy, and fudge and homemade bread....etc, etc, etc, in the house the whole week before she was born. So, even with that I'm only 13 lbs away from pre-baby weight. Pretty cool in my book.

There's a ton to tell, the labor and delivery, Christmas, Ali, Elle, us, the dogs, everything but, right now I just wanted to introduce her and let you know she's finally here.

Merry Christmas.
Happy New Year.
Welcome to the world, my wonderful, beautiful, baby girl.

<3

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations! Elle is absolutely beautiful and I'm happy to hear she's a good sleeper! I love both of your girls names, btw. So pretty. Oh, and good for you for already losing 20 pounds. That's awesome!

    ReplyDelete