Thursday, November 13, 2014

Little changes - The Mornings

My mornings and evenings have been a struggle recently as I attempt to get me, plus the two girls, up, dressed, fed and out the door on time in the mornings. And then in the evenings, in the door, fed, changed and in bed.

My mornings had been super hectic and I was ending up out the door at 7:30 and 7:40 instead of 7:20. Those 10-20 minutes make a big difference in my getting to work on time.

I have also not had any time for exercise and I was really starting to feel gross.

Sluggish, bloated, heavy, gross and I hated it.

So I started getting up with my husband at 5 and while he goes for a run, I get on the treadmill. I only run/walk for about 15 minutes, some mornings I'll only do 10 but then do a yoga workout afterwards but it's enough to get going and feel like I'm at least doing something.

After that I get all the breakfasts ready, Ali's, Elle's and I get my breakfast/lunch bag packed for work. I get Elle's snacks/bottles and both girls bags packed for school and then, after all that is done, I finally shower and get ready.

I had been making a regular breakfast for Ali and then, if she ate quickly, she got to sit and watch a little TV. But she eats breakfast at school too, and she just doesn't need to eat twice. So rather than make it part of my morning, and having to tell her 5,000 times to hurry up and eat so she can watch tv (really, that came out of my mouth more than once), she now just has a small glass of milk while watching one episode of something while I finish getting myself ready.

Then, I get Elle up and she has a small morning bottle (soon to be sippy cup!) and a handful of cheerios in her high chair while I get Ali's teeth brushed, hair done, get the car packed and jackets on.

Monday we were out the door at 7:25. Not bad.
Tuesday we were out the door at 7:17. Early!
Wednesday we were out the door at 7:15. No joke!
Today we were out the door at 7:13!

I have been on time to work every morning so far.

I have not had to raise my voice once in the mornings this week.

We leave for school/work calm, happy and ready!

It is possible. Now I just need to maintain.

No comments:

Post a Comment