Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Accomplishments

I have said many times that I am not a runner.

My goal has been to get to a point where I can comfortably run 2 miles in under half an hour. Nothing crazy. 15 minute miles sounded pretty decent in my head considering I'm not much of a runner and even when I was really working at it, the fastest I ever got was 12 and a half minutes or so.

Just to keep track of my distance and calories, I downloaded the Track My Run fitness app and used it for the first time yesterday.

That's a pretty cool app, FYI.

So, I'm jogging along, listening to my music, minding my own business when all of a sudden a voice pops up in my ear phones that tells me I just ran one mile.

In 11 minutes and 26 seconds.


?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

First off, having a little voice pop up in my ear unexpected about scared the pants off me, but then, I couldn't quite believe what I heard, so I had to stop and check the app.

Yep, one mile. In 11 minutes and 26 seconds.

I have a short little out and back route that I do and hadn't ever known what the distance was, only that it about fit the time I had before having to go get the girls.

Now I know, it's 1.64 miles and I did it yesterday in 19 minutes and 23 seconds.

That pretty much smashes my goal of two miles in 15 minutes.

So my next run will be a little different.

It will be a little longer and my goal will be two miles in 23 minutes.

After that, we'll be moving up.


1 comment:

  1. Woo hoo! Congrats on your run. I love it when I see progress either in my speed or distance. I used my husband's phone/Map My Run on a run the other night and the voice in my ear freaked me out too! Ha ha. I like that little voice though...it's pretty cool.

    ReplyDelete