Thursday, November 8, 2012

The little things

Last night I had my second Ladies Night Out and it was great. The only problem was that my body hasn't caught up to the time change and at 8:30 in the evening it was saying it's 9:30, bed time. Other than that I met some great women, had fun and was very glad that I went.

I got home around 9 and snuggled on the couch with my hubby and dogs, Baby A was already in bed (good job daddy!). After about 10 minutes I realized that there was about a 12" diameter wet spot on my leg where Old Lady was resting her head. She was drooling uncontrollably. Got up, got her some pepcid and a piece of bread while my husband realized she had been curled up in 'her' chair all evening, checked it and it was completely soaked in drool.

This morning, got Baby A up to find that she had peed through everything last night. Cleaned her up, got her dressed and downstairs with her milk. Went to strip her bedding and start a load of laundry. Came back to find I hadn't screwed the top on the sippy cup completely closed and so Baby A was soaked, again, this time in milk. Fed her breakfast anyway. Back upstairs, cleaned her up, got her dressed. Into my room where she plays while I shower, finally. Got out to find a big ole' stinky diaper, and a baby who needs to be changed. Again.

After realizing there was no way I was making it to work on time, I logged into my email to let a few people know. Old Lady came up to me to say hello and I was scratching her under her chin when I realized there was something there. Apparently her collar has been rubbing and there's a big red raw spot on her neck. Collar off, neosporin on the dog.

Finally got to work, sat at my desk and realized I was thrilled to be here because it's highly unlikely that anyone at the office is going to pee/poop/drool/spill/bleed on me.




No comments:

Post a Comment