Monday, April 8, 2013

Thankful Post #14 - Mama T

I am so very, very thankful that we found Mama T to watch our daughter while we're at work. I, like so many other working moms, have so much guilt that I can't be home with Baby A every day and raise her the way my mother was able to be home with me and my sister. At the same time, I love my job. I love the company I work for and the people I work with. I have been here for over 10 years and they're such a huge part of my life.

Having a wonderful daycare to take Baby A to everyday makes it just a little easier. Mama T is a no nonsense, straight talking, farm girl. She's been running her daycare out of her house for almost 30 years. She has children my age and grandchildren Baby A's age. And, Baby A loves her. Runs to her every morning with her arms outstretched for a hug. It is so heart warming as a mom to see that love from the person who watches her during the day and is responsible for a significant portion of her schedule and habits.

I get compliments on Baby A all the time, how social she is, how well she eats, how well she sleeps. We don't have fits over naptime. We eat all our vegetables. We went to a party last weekend and she played with everyone. Every time I receive a compliment, I praise Mama T. She has been so instrumental in helping me maintain control in our house and not letting Baby A turn into a tantrum queen. Baby A is so strong willed and I know we are going to butt heads at every corner but I know that with Mama T, I have a fighting chance.

She's such a strong influence in Baby A's life and I am so thankful that we have her.

No comments:

Post a Comment