Monday, April 8, 2013

Time to get real

I have been so lazy lately. Lazy promotes lazy and excuses promote excuses. I have started gaining weight again. I'm drinking too much, eating too much (stupid Easter candy) and feeling utterly sorry for myself.

I should be 5 months pregnant, but I'm not.

I thought I'd be pregnant again by now, but I'm not.

Instead, I sit around and wish my pants fit better, or I think it's not worth trying to get into my summer clothes since I'll be pregnant soon, right?

Wrong. A bad attitude is never a reason.

Time to nut up or shut up, not that that particular phrase really applies to me, technically, but you get the picture.

I have my gym bag packed with three days worth of clothes and I have lunches packed for me and Baby A for the whole week. Granted I was still late out the door this morning, even with packed lunches, but that is going to change.

I will go to the gym, or do a 20-50 minute yoga workout at home, every day for the next 90 days. That's my goal. Yoga work out depends on Baby A's naps, but I will get at least 20 minutes in.

I will lose 5 more pounds.

I will have ONE glass of wine after Baby A goes down for the night and NOT start drinking as soon as we walk in the door after work.

I will start measuring my dinner calories again and planning my meals to stay within the daily 1300-1500 range. My breakfast, lunch and snacks are all still fine, those haven't changed much, but my dinners have gotten lazy.

Maybe I will be pregnant in the next month or two, hopefully I will be, but I"m not going to stare at my half a dozen pairs of summer capri pants that don't fit and wish my way into them. Baby A is over 18 months old, no more excuses for these last few pounds.

I will make time for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment