Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Too Many Updates

Ok, it's been a while and I don't have any good excuses. I just haven't felt motivated to write.

First - Baby A's birthday party was great. We had such a great time and had a lot of family there but other than that kept it pretty small, just two of our closest friends with their littles. I had asked for books for my daughter because she loves to read. She can spend 20 minutes flipping through the pages of one book. When we open her toy chest, she doesn't even look at most of the toys in there anymore, she just pulls out all the books and then either sits down to read them, or wants me or my husband to read with her. I love it. I want to do everything I possibly can to encourage her love of books and reading. She was really thrilled when she started opening presents at her party and kept pulling out new books. Of course, the actual act of tearing open the wrapping paper was the highlight of the event for her, the books were a close second though.

Books!!


Secondly, Baby A is in her new 'big girl' room. I'm so excited about it. I spent the whole Labor Day weekend working on it. Touching up the paint, redoing the trim paint, hanging curtains, rearranging furniture (yes, while pregnant, I know), moving all her clothes and toys and books and everything into the new room.


The bed is enormous and she looks so very, very tiny in it, but given the space in the room, and the need to use the twin in the smaller kids bedroom, it just made sense. She has spent two nights there so far and has done really, really well. Both nights she has been a little freaked out when it was time to go to bed and we didn't go back down the hall to her old room and her old crib, but once she was in the bed, she fell asleep very quickly and stayed asleep all night. I have pillows on the floor next to the bed in case she falls out, but she hadn't fallen out of her toddler bed in several weeks, so I'm hoping we're past that phase and she's got the whole 'don't roll too far' thing down now. 

Still no name for our newest little princess. It's such a hard process and the names at the top of the list seem to change weekly. I'm 23 weeks right now and still doing really well. She is an active little thing though and has really started making her presence known. The kicks and rolls are visible now and she's not at all shy about it when my husband wants to feel what's going on.

She and I have been having discussions at 2 and 3 am. If I can sleep through, we're just fine. If I have to get up and go to the bathroom, she decides it's morning and starts dancing. There have been several nights where I really have to think about how badly I have to go and if it's worth being awake for another hour until the Rockette in my belly settles back down.

Only 17 weeks to go before we meet our second daughter. It's very exciting, and terrifying, all at once. 

I've gained 13 lbs so far, still doing really well. My glucose test is tomorrow and I had better pass this stupid thing the first time. Last time I failed and had to retake it doing the super long version with four blood draws and no food ahead of time. Of course, last time I had already developed a HORRIBLE sweet tooth and had spent the previous weekend with my in laws gorging on chocolate cake and strawberry short cake. So, yeah, failed that. 

This time, I am definitely having sweet cravings, and am definitely getting hungrier in general, but over all much more aware of controlling my eating and am finding better ways to indulge my sweet tooth that aren't super high fat/calorie.

No comments:

Post a Comment