Thursday, March 19, 2015

Running

When it comes down to it, I'm really not a runner. I run because it's something easy to do that gets good results. At the end of the day I exercise in general due to vanity more than anything else. I want to be fit and in shape, but I also want to continue to eat the things I like and not worry about whether my pants will continue to fit.

However, I have been out running twice this week and it's been a pretty fun experience.

Saturday morning Ali has gymnastics. We're extremely fortunate to live in a community that has a fantastic recreation program. We have two large parks that are close and both parks have great gymnastics and dance facilities and running/walking paths. 

So while Ali was in gymnastics class, I went for a run around the park trails. It was about 50 degrees and misting out. I loved it. I felt so good out running that I just kept going. Normally on the treadmill I'll do a mix of running and walking for about 25 minutes and to be honest, it's a lot more walking than running. On Saturday, I ran! Like actually ran.

Of course by the middle of the afternoon, my legs reminded me that I wasn't used to that level of running. It felt like someone had dipped them in concrete and I had to lug them around all day.

Monday, I left work a little early and went to our neighborhood lake. It was a gorgeous day. 65 or so and Sunny with a breeze. Beautiful! And I ran by the lake. It wasn't the same fantastic feeling I had on Saturday. It was a little warmer, my legs were still tired from the previous run, but it was still a whole lot better and easier than I remembered running to be.

Today is cold and wet and not outdoor running weather, but I am finding myself actually wanting to run. I want to head home early and get on the treadmill before getting the girls. It's an odd feeling. I'm hoping the treadmill isn't going to kill the fun feeling I had while running outside. I"m going with the hope that since it isn't 5 am when I'm on the treadmill that it will automatically be a better experience.

We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment