Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Fear of Failure

No one I know, knows I have a blog.

Is that weird?

I know why and while it's not something I'm proud to admit, it's because I don't want the people I know to know what I write. I don't want them to judge me, or comment on me, or, probably worse, ignore me.

So, no one knows I have a blog and it's mostly a private thing for me. Private meaning anyone in the world can find it and read it. Which unto itself is a strange little situation. My friends and family can't judge me, but the rest of the world is welcome to it.

I don't advertise it. I haven't joined any blogging groups that would rank it or list it or make it easier to find, I'm kind of just here.

Meanwhile, I have another blog that I want to make public. That I want others to find and even my friends and family to find and not only follow, but find useful.

And that scares me.

A lot!

A lot a lot!

It's a paralyzing fear of failure that is keeping me from doing anything about it. Which is stupid. I have tons of friends who started blogs, posted three times and then never again. That happens. I get it.

I just don't want to be that.

Or, if I end up with that, I don't want my friends and family to know.

Or to not like it. It's a little scary.

Foolish. I know. But it's there. Very much a solid lump in my belly there as I stare at my facebook page, ready to click 'create a page' for my Dinner...Done blog.

I am going to do it.

I am.

I really am.

Eventually.

No comments:

Post a Comment