Monday, May 11, 2015

Happy Mother's Day

I have so many great stories from this weekend that I don't know where to start.

First, the Friday lunch play date with Max's mom was wonderful. I'm so glad we were able to plan that. Ali didn't really remember her and there were no questions or awkward statements from her. The babies had so much fun and everyone was worn out after playing on the playground for a couple hours.

On Saturday morning we went with some friends to a Strawberry Festival and had a BLAST!! Ali loved it and Elle ate so many strawberries I'm surprised she wasn't sick. It was a beautiful day and with all the activity and craziness the girls were so well behaved.





The true highlight though was that Anna and Elsa from Frozen were there. Ali and our little friend Audrey were like teenagers at a Justin Beiber concert. It was so funny I was in tears, I was laughing so hard. The girls were screeching in excitement, but then Ali completely froze up (no pun intended) when it was time to actually meet them. She did hug Anna but then basically stood like this the whole rest of the time.

Completely overwhelmed. Probably a good thing we're not planning a (very expensive) trip to Disney World anytime soon. I think she needs a little more time.

After that we ran around and played in the bounce houses and then went back to the car to cool off and have a snack.


Then Ali had a defining educational moment, one every girl must learn at some point.

How to pee behind a tree...

Yep, we had to park so far our from the strawberry farm and there were no port-a-potties anywhere near us, plus having the two girls on my own at this point (our friends had left just a few minutes earlier) meant that it just wasn't going to happen. So, we had our first lesson on how to answer the call of nature while you're in nature. Thankfully the parking area we were in was next to a little wooded area and there were a few discreet options. She thought it was hysterical. Thankfully I also keep a change of little girl panties in the car, as they were needed, although for her first time she did really well.

Both girls crashed on the drive home and our actual afternoon nap time got a little off schedule, but it was worth it to have had such a fun time.

Speaking of little girl panties...because that's a normal topic of conversation...

Ali is officially 100% potty trained at night. Last week she requested to wear panties to bed instead of a pull up and hasn't looked back since. Saturday morning was a full week of staying dry all night and so I told her she could have anything she wanted for breakfast since she had done such a good job and was such a big girl.

So...we had ice cream sandwiches for breakfast...not quite what I had in mind, but I didn't clarify my offer at all, so we just went with it. Ice cream for breakfast.

Mother's Day was nice. Quiet day at home. I made a quick dessert for some of the strawberries, although I didn't use nearly as many as I had hoped.

Puff pastry, vanilla pudding, cool whip and sliced strawberries. Really good!

I also got the sweetest presents from the girls that they made at daycare.


I also got a massage gift certificate from my husband which I am very, very excited to use. Although I have no idea when that will be since I have to work next weekend and then it's Memorial Day Weekend and we usually got to TN. Oh well, it will not go to waste, trust me on that!

All in all it was a very fun weekend. Very busy but full of fun outside times and lots of friends and family.

I hope all the mothers out there had a wonderful day too.

No comments:

Post a Comment