Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Joey had it right...

Does anyone remember the episode of Friends where Joey puts the book in the freezer because it was scary.



I had to look it up to remember it was the Shining, but, yeah, 'joey book in freezer', you can google that!

I can relate to that so much and I don't know why it's taken me so long to make that connection and while I don't necessarily put the book in the freezer (I listen to audio books on my phone and I think that might do a little damage should I put my phone in there) I do stop listening for a little while when things get tense. I have to work up to it before I can go back and continue reading.

Right now I'm in the middle of book four of the Outlander series which I absolutely adore! The whole thing is just fantastic! It's a good story and good story telling.

In my head I know it's silly of me to get so worried about the situation since I know there are a bazillion of these books in the series...

(notice I didn't say 'since I know it's only a book')...

so, clearly it will be ok in the end...

(It's never 'only a book'.)

but I do get terribly stressed out about some of the situations these characters find themselves in.

(I think only a reader will understand that.)

(I don't know why I'm having side conversations in my own blog post).

So right now my book is "in the freezer" i.e. phone in purse, until I can work up to turning it back on and finding out what happens and if everything is ok or if I have to be upset about something.

No comments:

Post a Comment