Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Sweet moments

My girls are getting so big it's hard to believe.

They are both very busy girls and Elle especially rarely ever sits. If I sit on the floor, she'll sit in my lap and play, but not snuggle.

Ali does love to snuggle now that she's a little older, but at Elle's age was the same way.

Busy, busy girls.

Elle's been a little cranky the last few days, either teething or growing, one of which seems to be perpetually in process, and Sunday she was definitely out of sorts after church. It wasn't time for a nap but she was just not a content girl.

So I went and got her blanket out of her bed, and snuggled with her into a rocking chair in the living room where Ali was watching something on tv.

Elle snuggled right in with me and didn't really sleep, but was comfortably drowsy and sweet.

Ali saw us and came over too, crawling up on the other side of the chair and sitting on the edge where I could rub her back and play with her long hair.

Both my girls, snuggled in with me on a Sunday afternoon.

It was so sweet I didn't want it to end.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I LOVE this and love how you described this special moment. Kids grow up so fast and it seems like I'm always in a hurry. I need to remind myself to slow down more and soak up my kids before they are all grown!

    ReplyDelete