Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Bored Eating

I feel the creeping in of pregnancy excuses already. Nine weeks in and I'm already leaning in the direction of 'I can eat that, I'm pregnant, I"m supposed to gain weight.' Oh this isn't going to be an easy 7 more months!

I had to retype that, I started to put 9 months, then changed it to 8. Then I actually thought about it and realized I have 7 months left, not 8.

With Baby A I gained 43 pounds. I lost all but about 3 or 4 of those pounds so really it wasn't too bad, but boy did it get hard lugging all that extra weight around when Baby A was born at 5 lbs 15 oz. Tiny baby, big, big 'ole belly. I really don't want to do that again. I know it's going to be harder to lose the weight the second time around, plus getting out of the habit of eating that much every day was the hardest thing to change. My body was used to getting all that food and really didn't need it all, even though I was pregnant.

My problem is work. I do really well at home. I don't overeat on weekends or days that I"m home with Baby A because there's so much for me to do there. But when I'm at the office there are chunks of the day that are very quiet, and I get very munchie, and the holidays are the worst time to try and avoid goodies. All our vendors and suppliers send food. Popcorn, cookies, cakes, gift baskets full of crackers and cheeses and nuts and all kinds of chocolates, filled chocolates, chocolate covered things, chocolate in things, it's just crazy, and completely unfair! Fellow employees always contribute too, fudge, cakes, things that end up in their house after parties that they don't want to eat themselves, etc, etc, etc.

So today for the past hour and a half (yes, I've been counting) I've been telling myself that I am not hungry and I do not want to raid the honey roasted peanuts that are in the break room. I do not want to get a bag of chips, cracker snack pack, poptart or candy bar from the snack selection. I do not want a fudgepop from the freezer that I bought the office as a summer treat on a super hot day in July. I only have an hour left until I can leave. I do have fresh cherries that I brought, they're non peak and not all that flavorful, but definitely my best option. I'm trying to hold out as long as possible before eating them so I have less time at the office to think about all the junk food options I could have eaten. Could eat. May still eat.

I put up a post a while back about myfitnesspal.com and how I used it to lose a lot of the baby weight from the first pregnancy. I'm still using it to make sure that I'm not overeating now and will continue to keep my calorie count in check throughout the next 7 months.

Here's today:


I have a lot of snacks on there that are spread out through the day. My goal is 1530 calories but I get extra ones when I exercise and walking the dogs every morning counts. So as long as I stick to the dinner I have set for myself when I get home, I'll be nicely within all my goals.

58 minutes left. I think I need to go get the cherries.


No comments:

Post a Comment