Thursday, December 27, 2012

Christmas Recovery

I was concerned that recovering during Christmas would be sad and emotional, but in the end, it was so nice to have family around, and we were all so busy, that I think it was better this way. I didn't have time to dwell and I had lots of people to drink with.

I think the oddest thing for me right now has been the continued and unexplained weight loss. I had gone down a pound when I thought I was still pregnant and thought it was odd. I"m down two more. I've been doing my fair share of holiday eating and drinking, have started walking the dogs again but no other exercise and prior to discovering we had lost the baby, I had been on a 1500 calorie diet instead of 1200. All healthy calories, but still, I'm not sure what this is about. I guess I just keep an eye on it and enjoy fitting into my skinny clothes for a little longer. We have 18 days until we can start trying for another baby. Yes I'm counting. I want very much to start trying again.

Baby A had a fabulous Christmas. She got a red wagon from one set of grandparents and a little toddler sized table and chairs from the other, plus lots of toys, and clothes, and socks, and shoes, and puzzles, and holy crap the amount of crap!! I don't know where it's all going to go. One of my aunts got her a stuffed cat that's bigger than she is. Baby A really had a great time and I think enjoyed all the attention and food more than the presents, which it probably the way it should be.


No comments:

Post a Comment