Monday, December 31, 2012

A New Year's Resolution for 2013

My resolution for this past year was to keep a journal for Baby A and every day write down something, something she did, something we did, a thought that I had about her, a food she tried for the first time, just something about that day. I did really well and only messed up December because I didn't buy a true journal, just a note book and I ran out of room for the last month. It's been a lot of fun to go back and read the entries from earlier this year. I started it when she was 4 months old, now she's 16 months. Such a huge difference. It's amazing.

For 2013, after the difficulty of the past few weeks, I wanted to use this as an opportunity to remind myself how very blessed I am and how many things I have to be thankful for. I am going to get another notebook and my goal is going to be to keep a list of things I'm thankful for. I'm going to be a little less comprehensive for 2013 and not do a daily journal, but instead try to do a weekly entry instead. With Baby A's journal I kept it on my bedside table and each evening would write down something from that day. For 2013, every Sunday night, before going to bed, I will make a note about the week and something I am thankful for.

I do kind of feel like it's a 'light' resolution considering I did daily notes for 334 days of 2012 and will now do only 52 but I'm ok with it.

A whole year of thanks and counting my blessings.

Ready
Set

Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment