Thursday, January 3, 2013

Stumbling into the New Year

I haven't slept in about three days. I don't feel sick but have a terrible stuffed up nose and head and haven't been able to breathe since about Monday. Thus, no sleep. Sudafed doesn't touch it and even the hard core, Meth making, Pseudo only takes the edge off so my nose isn't freely running. I'm functioning on coffee and as many different cold medicines as I can legally take. Operating heavy machinery may be a bad idea for me right now.

'Tis the season I guess. Same thing happened last year when ever Baby A gets a runny nose, I get a full blown head cold. She never misses a beat and yet I want to crawl under the covers and die. And, to boot, I haven't managed to get my flu shot yet so, yikes, hopefully that's not where we're headed.

I have to be better by Saturday though because my niece is getting baptized that morning! My husband and I are dropping the dogs and the baby at my mom's house and making it a day trip. It's going to be a long day, 4 hours there and back, but there's no way we'd miss it. Niece J is having heart surgery in two weeks and so everyone wanted to get her baptized before hand. It's not supposed to be a complicated surgery, but, at four months old anything like this can have major repercussions. She's going to be in the best hands possible, but still, she's such a little thing. I really hope my sniffles have gone because this is only my second time seeing Niece J and I really want to be able to hold her. But, considering she's heading toward surgery, I probably need to stay on the other side of the room and wave. Or maybe stay in the car and wave just to be safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment