Monday, January 21, 2013

Thankful Post #3 - A Healthy Daughter

Every evening before I go to bed, I check on Baby A and watch her sleeping for a few minutes. It's one of my favorite times of day. She is so peaceful, and frequently comical in how she has fallen asleep. A few nights ago I was watching her when I suddenly thought of my sister in law, who was more than likely watching Niece J sleeping at that very same moment. Only Niece J wasn't sprawled out in her own crib, in her own room, in her own home. She was in an ICU unit at a hospital several hours from home, having had open heart surgery just two days before. My SIL could watch Niece J sleep, but couldn't pick her up to comfort her, couldn't rock her to sleep, or even feed her without extreme care.

I am so, very, very thankful for a healthy, active and vibrant daughter. I don't for a minute want to take that for granted. She is my light.

No comments:

Post a Comment