Wednesday, July 31, 2013

500 pairs of yoga pants please

With Baby A I was hugely pregnant in the middle of the summer, in Georgia. It was crazy hot. I literally stopped checking the mail because I couldn't walk to the mailbox and back without sweating obscenely. At that point in my pregnancy I couldn't even imagine wearing (1) a dress due to my thighs of blubber creating sparks and setting me on fire, or (2) any maternity pants that came up over my massive belly to add another layer of fabric to my already overheated body. Everything I had were the under the belly style pants, shorts, skirts (when I gave in to the need to look nice occasionally), all of it.

Well, those aren't working so well for me right now. Instead of supporting my growing belly, they are triggering my Braxton Hicks contractions. Especially as I"m sitting at my desk. Walking around it isn't as bad, I guess that stretches those muscles out, but sitting here is very uncomfortable and I'm not sure what to do about it. I mean, yes, I've worked here for over 10 years and these people are like family to me, but I don't think it would go over well if I just took my pants off and walked around in my underwear like I would do if I were at home right now.

I need to invest in a few more pairs of comfy pants. There's no way I'm going to make it to December with my current set. Even some of my summer skirts that I should still be able to wear under my belly are making me uncomfortable.

I feel like such a crank lately. I don't want to complain all the way through this pregnancy. I'd like to think I can stop and enjoy some of this since it's likely the last go around. It's so hard to find the joy in it when your belly muscles keep contracting. :-(

No comments:

Post a Comment