Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Ali's first beach vacation

We are back from a fabulous time in St Augustine, FL!

We rented a condo on the beach and got great off season rates. The weather was perfect for two young children. Mid to low 80's and slightly overcast so the sun wasn't beating down on us the whole time. We had some showers in the afternoon on a couple days but I had come very prepared with movies, books, crayons, gluesticks and scissors to keep everyone occupied.

Ali had a BLAST! I don't think she could name a favorite activity. She loved the beach. She loved jumping the waves. She loved chasing the birds. She loved building sandcastles. She couldn't get enough.

Way too many pictures, but here they are!


Making Sandcastles



Being silly with Mama

Snack time

Beach Baby!

My goofball husband flying a kite. 

Ali flying a kite.

Me flying a kite, with Elle.

Ali's special beach chair

Chillin' 

Sand Mountain, which Ali then proceeded to jump of off and roll down repeatedly until she was completely coated in sand, head to toe.

My big girl!

Walking with Daddy.

Sunrise on my birthday!

 Overall it was a great week. It's definitely a lot harder taking kids to the beach than our vacation used to be when it was just my husband and I. I'm not sure we'll do it again next year, maybe take a vacation ourselves, sans kids, instead. We'll see.

But, it was beautiful to see Ali enjoy herself so much with something new and exciting.






1 comment:

  1. What a fun, beautiful trip! I love all of your pictures. I would love to be at the beach right now!

    ReplyDelete