Monday, October 27, 2014

He complete me...and my projects

I love my husband. He is a wonderful man and I hope someday my daughters find someone just as kind, honest and loving.

My husband loves Halloween and is very into the scary things associated with it. Scary movies. Scary costumes. Haunted Houses, etc.

Sadly, he got two little girls, not boys, and Ali loves all things princess. So for Halloween she was so excited to be Cinderella. He kept asking, 'Zombie Cinderella?' 'No'. 'Vampire Cinderella?' 'No.' It's been going on for weeks like this.

In addition, her school is having a Trunk or Treat party on Thursday and I decided we were going to continue the Cinderella theme and turn our car into Cinderella's carriage.


Every time I mentioned it, my husband rolled his eyes and asked how I thought I was going to do that.

I had a plan.

I hoarded all the Amazon Prime boxes from the last two months or so of shipments. Measured the car, and the door, and the cardboard and laid out the plan. Bought the paint and paint brushes and spent a total of about $15.00 on this whole thing.

I then painted all the cardboard white, drew a big circle and painted that blue.

Then I waited.

I knew that it was going to make him itch. Because in all honesty, he loves this stuff. My engineer husband is actually very artistic. And once he finally saw what my plan was, and how it was going to work, the vision that was in my head, popped into his too.

And so Saturday afternoon he started hovering around my blue painted circle, with questions, and thoughts, and 'what if you did...' and I said sure, let's do that when the girls are napping. Next thing you know, there's this:


This isn't final, and there are definitely a few details pending that I think will make it really great, but I am so excited for the party on Thursday.

You'll have to wait for the costume pictures, my mom made them and they are super adorable.

No comments:

Post a Comment