Wednesday, October 7, 2015

(another) 30 Day Challenge

I have not done well at these things so far and while I've started several, have never finished one.

Come to find out 30 days is a long time!

However, while on vacation last week on our way home from a wonderful seafood dinner, my precious little sanity sucker reached her beautiful little hand up, patted my very full and satisfied belly, and asked "Mama, is there a baby in your belly?"

She's so sweet.

She's four, she doesn't know. I know.

"Um, no honey, that's just the fried flounder I had for dinner."
And the calamari.
And the crab dip.
And the wine.

Good lord the wine.

That's always my gateway drug.

Anyway. That finally spurred me into a new round of commitment and this time I've taken on some accountability. I have a coworker doing one of the 30 Day Challenges with me (I'm doing two actually) and every day when I complete a challenge I post it online for several friends and family members to harass me about if it doesn't show up one day.

I'm doing the 30 day Beach Body Challenge, which I realize is just a little late as I have just left the beach, but my anniversary is on Nov 1st so maybe I'll have a hot beach body in time for a nice evening out with my husband. I'm also doing the arm challenge. Out of hte two, the Beach Body one might actually kill me before I finish. It is ROUGH! I had to do 50 burpees yesterday which was only day three of the challenge! I can't tell you the last time I did one, much less 50. If you don't know, look it up, they suck.

I've also been back on MyFitnessPal logging my food and I've cut out wine for three days a week, Monday, Tuesday and Thursday. I will have one glass on Wednesdays (tonight!!!!!) after the girls are in bed and my weekend drinking will be significantly cut back. I honestly don't want to share what that 'normal' is. It's not good. Or normal.

So, this is all nice big talk right now, four days into a program, but I'm making this one work. I REFUSE to gain weight this Holiday season and to make it through I need to have the foundation in place now.

I'm also running three days a week and doing a cardio workout two mornings a week.

So, that's the new deal. And this time, I will lose the pooch.

1 comment:

  1. I love this and I think 30 days is just the perfect amount of time for a challenge; long enough to see results, but short enough to not make it too hard! I hope it goes well for you! I've been logging into My Fitness Pal a lot more lately too!

    ReplyDelete