Monday, July 9, 2012

No Reason for Sorry.

My husband's brother and his wife are pregnant. I had mentioned that previously, but we've all been waiting for the last two weeks to find out some important information. Their little girl has Down Syndrome. We've known it was a high likelihood since ultrasounds detected a heart defect but until the blood test came back it was a 50/50 outcome. Now is it 98/2. It is a little disheartening, however, I am with my SIL in this matter. It's still exciting. It's their baby girl. And after over a year of trying, they weren't sure was ever going to happen in the first place. She is going to be the most precious baby and beautiful child. She is going to learn to smile like Baby A did. She's going to learn to hold her head up, and reach for the bottle, and roll over, although Baby A never really did do that. The heart condition will be an unknown for a while and the treatment will depend on how the baby grows. They're not telling a lot of people right now because they don't want people saying 'they're sorry'. Or 'oh no'. Or 'what are you going to do'. There's nothing to be sorry about. I agree completely. There are a lot of unknowns right now, but there was never a point where I even felt the need to say 'I'm sorry'. It never occurred to me to say it. I'm not sorry. She's not sorry. She's going to be a mom. She's going to be a fabulous mom. I"m going to be an Aunt for the first time. This will be my niece and I'm excited. We all have a lot to learn, and will spend the next couple of months doing a lot of research, but all babies are new experiences and no two are ever the same. 





No comments:

Post a Comment