Monday, October 22, 2012

Mommy Day

Tomorrow is my Ladies Night Out! I'm pretty excited! Going out for drinks with 14 other women!! Yikes!! It's really nice to know that I"m not the only one who's been trying to get out of the house. I have a feeling that that many women is going to result in a restaurant take over. If you're in the Shallowford Rd area of Marietta, and were planning on eating out, you might want to wait until Wednesday night for fear of an Estrogen overload.

Baby A and I did attend the Baby Sign Language class on Saturday morning. It was nice but there was only one other mom there and Baby A had ZERO interest in sitting still with me for any length of time. Not that unusual for her, but I spent most of the class chasing her down. She thought it was hysterical. We did learn some new words and have started to put them into action. The other mom hadn't started any signs yet so for her I think the class was a little more useful. We've already got eat, dog, all done, bed and bath. We're working on 'poop'. Sounds odd, until you think about the frequency of that word in daily mom/daughter conversations. Baby A also has rather sensitive skin and the goal here is for her to tell me when she's dirty. She's started signing it back to me, but without real knowledge of what it means. Pretty typical, start with word/sign recognition and then attach it to the act/object. It's so rewarding to see her sign and her face lights up when I say the word back to her, understanding what she's telling me.

I've been working on Baby A's Halloween costume, however, I have recently realized that there are no activities in our town on Halloween. There are several festivals the weekend before, which we'll have to plan on attending at least one, however, for the actual day, there's nothing. As in, absolutely nothing going on. I expected our church to have something 'safe' for the children of the congregation for kids that were too small for trick or treating or just to have a safer 'something' to do. Nope. Nothing. Now I'm not sure what to do. Clearly a one year old isn't going to understand or care at all about trick or treating. Add to that, her daycare is closed that day because it's Mama T's birthday too (insert witch joke here). So, she's not even going to be able to wear her costume to daycare and have a little party with the other kids. I'm feeling disappointed already.

On the plus side, we do have plans this weekend with one of my actual mom friends. Not sure what we're doing yet, but we're doing something with the kids. Maybe one of the festivals.

No comments:

Post a Comment