Thursday, June 20, 2013

Fries with a side of mayonnaise, hold the fries...

I've been resisting all week, but this seems to be a key craving for me. Mayonnaise. I just want the mayonnaise. The fries are good too, but only as the transport for the mayonnaise. Today I made a 'real' sandwich for lunch. Lunch meat is on the 'do not eat' list for pregnant women due to a potential bacterial issue from processed meats in large factories. However, if you heat it up to sizzling, that pretty much takes care of the bacteria issues. It's not fun eating microwaved lunch meat, but if you then put your sandwich in the toaster oven and heat the whole thing, it goes down rather nicely and is a nice change from grilled cheese everyday. This morning, putting my sandwich together, I actually sniffed the mayonnaise jar. And it smelled so good.

I've already had my lunch, but I am very, very tempted to run to the closest fast food drive thru and get a medium fry, with a side of mayonnaise. Mmmmmm. I'm not even all that hungry right now. I just want it.

I know it's not healthy, but I feel mildly justified because when I was pregnant with Baby A I couldn't stop eating Big Macs. I could probably have eaten two at each sitting. I don't have the Big Mac craving, but wow do I want some fries with mayo. No ketchup. Just mayo.

We'll see how well I hold up. I don't think I'll last long.


No comments:

Post a Comment