Monday, December 22, 2014

Best Laid Plans...

Well, this last week was not what I had hoped for.

I ended up sick Tuesday through Friday last week and on Friday decided I had to get out of bed and do something or the house would fall apart. I had no laundry, no food, no clean towels, no clean sheets on the guest bed and my in laws were due in Friday night.

Add to that, I had already planned and did not want to cancel, a 'date' with one of my girlfriends to take our daughters to see a Madeline Christmas Musical. Just Ali, not Elle, I left her at school. And that evening my husband had RSVP'd us to a friends Christmas Party.

So, even though i was feeling better, not great, but better, I did not go to work, I stayed home. I did four loads of laundry, grocery shopped, wrapped presents, cleared the bed in the guest room (present stashing central) and got the house mildly together for the approaching in laws.

Then I grabbed Ali from school just before lunch, stuffed her full of food and off we went with our friends to the play.

Ali LOVED it! She adored every minute and watched in complete fascination. I was really impressed with how well she did. It was an hour play and we had never done something like this before. The cast was all kids and they did an amazing job. Really great singing and the whole performance was so adorable.

Ali and her friend sacked out in the car on the way home, which was also adorable.

That evening we stuffed the girls with pizza and attempted to head to the holiday party. At that point my voice was going, Ali was cranky and Elle was a screaming mess after having only had an hour nap that afternoon at school. We got stuck in terrible traffic and it took 30 minutes to drive 5 miles to our friends house, the whole time my husband and I trading looks like 'what were we thinking?'

We ended up having a great time and I could write a whole post just about the party, which I will do later, but to continue this rant...

Just before we left for the party Ali told me her ears hurt. I told her we didn't have time for her ears to hurt and if they hurt tomorrow (Saturday) we'd go see a doctor. Don't you know it. At midnight she woke up crying that her ears hurt. I gave her Tylenol and got in bed with her until she fell back asleep. Saturday (with my in laws there) she woke up fine. Happy. No problems. We went to gymnastics and spent the afternoon playing with my mother in law. She started to get a little cranky as the day went on and so after her nap I took her, and me, to urgent care.

Two ear infections. Her first ones!

I'm fine, just a cold with laryngitis. Such fun. I lost my voice Friday night and it still isn't back yet.

Exercising hasn't happened.
Dieting hasn't happened.
My week 2 post for meals hasn't happened, which I"m really annoyed with myself about.
Christmas Cards never happened.

However, I am currently ready for Christmas, so I pretty much consider that a win.

1 comment:

  1. Oh I'm sorry to hear about how sick you all have been! I can totally relate to the "no laundry, no food and messes" thing. It seems when mom falls apart, everything falls apart!

    I love that you were able to go to that fun play with Ali and your friend. What a neat outing and that picture of her and her friend sleeping afterward is priceless! I hope you are all feeling better and can enjoy the New Year!