Monday, December 8, 2014

The tree!

We got rained out on Saturday while our annual Santa was holding visiting hours at the tree farm. It was a little sad, but it was just too damp and chilly to justify taking the girls out. We plan on attempting again this coming Saturday, but, we really did need a tree so I sent my husband over to Home Depot for a parking lot tree. It's a nice looking tree, but I do feel badly that we didn't get to wander the fresh cut selection at the tree farm and have a family photo 'picking' out the tree like we did the last few years. Oh well, plenty more years to come for that.

Ali was beside herself. He came home with it just before nap time and while she was sleeping we got it up and I got the lights on. When she got up from her nap she was so excited to decorate the tree and really she did the majority of it. She loved it! We have a ton of decorations and I've never actually put all of them on the tree before. I've usually just used the prettiest, and had a color theme and spaced things evenly...not how it goes with a three year old, but it looks fantastic and she was so proud.

The pictures are dark, sorry. The room wasn't that dark and I'm not sure what was going on with the lighting, but you can see the tree!



Yes, we are also pants free. Kind of a frequent thing on weekends, I have no idea why but pants just never seem important.

The decorations are rather heavily clustered in several areas. Every so often I would move the step stool so she could reach another section, but the layout is really quite funny.

On Sunday we put up the garland which I didn't get a picture of, but while I was winding the garland around the top portion of the tree, I turned to find Ali stuffing two full extra lengths onto the bottom portion. Literally stuffing it into the branches. It was funny and I quietly removed it a few minutes later while her back was turned. Everything else I left though. Everything is exactly as she hung it.



She's such a funny girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment