Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Christmas and Birthdays!

I hope everyone had a great Christmas!! It has been a crazy weekend and week for us. I'm only just now able to sit down and put it all together. I really need to tell you about the Christmas party we went to. It was probably some of my best memories of this year's Christmas season.

Today though it's the Christmas post.

We had such fun. Ali was hysterical. She just loved the opening of the presents, she did not care what was in it, just wanted to open the next one and the next one and the next one. Did not really even care if it was for her.

Until...

we got to this.


It is an Elsa cape and wand. For anyone without knowledge of Frozen, I apologize, the appeal won't make any sense to you. For anyone with children, you probably know Frozen. It's pretty big in our house, although she still says Cinderella is her favorite princess.

Anyway, she loved this cape. LOVED it.  It's from my sister in law and I knew it was coming so I saved it for last because I was sure once she opened that, nothing else would be accomplished for the day. I was pretty much right, however, the other present from that same sister in law was this:

Ali literally spent about an hour in there, with the cape on, playing and reading books with first my mom, and then me.

I don't have any pictures of Elle during Christmas because she was pretty much running around stealing the wrapping paper and attempting to eat it.

Did I say running??

Yes!

My little stinker is full time walking and on her way to running after Ali. They currently play 'chase' in the house and Elle does her very best to keep up. It is way, way too funny to watch. The two of them cackling and screeching back and forth the whole time.

I have to share these also. My mom brought over a snowman decoration that her neighbor found in a closet somewhere and didn't want. The neighbor thought my girls would like it and so sent it over. My mom brought it, thinking it was going to be a complete bust and no one would care about a snowman decoration. We both figured it would be a goodwill donation.

We figured wrong.

They both loved it.
 

Ali didn't want to share at first.

Elle was completely fascinated

Love this one with my mom.

Look at that belly!!! Really Elle was trying to eat the nose but they just loved this silly little thing. So, it stays! 

It was a fun day. Lots of food, lots of drinks, and a lot of napping actually. My husband ended up with the same cold that I had (still have) and my sister, who flew in from Germany on the 23rd, arrived with a stomach bug, so they both took naps Christmas afternoon while my parents and I made the dinner.

And, now, for the really big news.

REALLY BIG NEWS.

My baby is one year old!!!!!!

Ah!!!! I can't even believe it!!!!

She's such a sweet, happy girl and I am so, so blessed to be her mom. 

We didn't really have a party because her birthday is two days after Christmas, we'll have one later when everyone can actually travel and be a part of it. But we did have a few presents and just had a special day together.

 Pancakes for breakfast, with whipped cream, shaped like the number one!

The cupcake. Wasn't sure at first.

 Ali and Big M offered to help.

And then she figured it out...



My sweet girl offering to share...

Big M offering to clean


That afternoon my mom actually took Ali back to her house for the night so I had Elle all to myself the rest of the day. It's so nice to have one on one time with her. This was cupcake part two, after dinner that evening. The chocolate one went down pretty well too. I cut it into smaller pieces this time and it was a little easier for her to handle. Not quite the same photo op, but still a sweet messy face.

The New Year is pretty much here and I think I'm ready for it. 

This has been a challenging year that I could never have believed we would ever have had to deal with. Our little bubble of safety and ignorance was burst in one of the worst ways possible. In so many ways we are still reeling and adjusting and waiting for the final chapter, which is still pending and I fear greatly. 

But, I am ending this year in complete gratitude that I have my girls. We are all happy, healthy, safe and together. I cannot ask for more than that.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment