Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Another, Another Million Dollar Idea

Yes, food related. I don't know why I have so many fantasies of operating restaurants.

I want to have a two story restaurant. The downstairs section is a fairly regular restaurant, very jazz like, intimate settings and an eclectic menu. What would be different is the upstairs level.

The upstairs level would be the equivalent of dinner and a show. I envision it being set up very 1920's-1930's lounge style, round tables, high back booths and tiered seating all facing a stage. Have you ever seen The Thin Man movies? I love those! That's the atmosphere I had in mind.

The upstairs is Reservation only and is a flat fee for the whole night. Essentially, you buy your table, it's yours for the whole evening and includes dinner and drinks from a set menu which changes weekly. The menu would be something extravagant  like a 12 course tasters menu. So, for some amount of money per person or so (ok, I haven't actually figured out the pricing on all of it) you get dinner, drinks and a show and can hang out from 7 or 8 until 11 or 12 (again details i haven't worked out yet). Maybe there's a dance floor too, I don't know.

I just thought it would be a cool change from a regular restaurant and make it more of an experience. You would place your drink orders but basically as soon as you sat, your food just starts arriving and keeps coming out the whole time.

It's probably something that's already been done and I just don't run in the right circles to know about it. I'm sure the celebrity scene in LA is all over it. Well, suburban Georgia apparently doesn't cater to the same crowd. :)

Oh well. I still like the idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment