Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Embarrassing Pregnant Moments

I woke up hungry this morning.

Like at 3:30 this morning.

And not just, hmm, I could use a snack. It was a, hmm, I'm going to chew my arm off if I don't get up and get something to eat.

And it hasn't stopped all day. I pried myself out of bed at 4:30, after trying for an hour to go back to sleep despite my rumbling stomach, and had a small snack.

I had a bowl of Cheerios and a granola bar before leaving the house. (7:00)

I had my Fage yogurt and granola when I got to work. (9:00)

By 10, I was hungry, but was in a meeting.

By 11, I was in another meeting with my boss and finally had to stop and look at him and say, I have to go get something to eat, I'm sorry.

So I went to the kitchen and got my sliced up apple from the fridge and went back to his office to eat my apple and finish the conversation we were having.

When I got there he was talking with our CFO and I just sat down to eat my snack.

In addition to being so hungry I could cry, I was also contracting pretty seriously and it was very, very uncomfortable.

Well, apparently I was actually moaning through the contractions, while stuffing my face with the apple. I looked up to see both men staring at me and I just started laughing because I realized what I had been doing. It sounded like I was really enjoying that apple. I also blushed terribly and had to explain the contractions.

Really, I am very, very lucky to work for a small family company. We can make jokes about things like that and not worry too much about crossing a line.

I gave up on sticking to the lunch I brought with me, my PB&J on a 100 calorie Arnold's thin bread roll, and went to Wendy's. I had to silence the beast in my belly. She was such a hungry girl. Hopefully that nice, fat, heavy calorie lunch will do me for the day and I can have a normal dinner.


Destroyed it...

No comments:

Post a Comment