Thursday, August 2, 2012

Food Post

I like to think I watch what I eat pretty closely, I do have to admit there's a bag of reeses pieces hidden in my desk at work. It's at work because I can't hide candy at home, my husband will find it, every time. He has an amazing ability to find all hidden things, candy, presents, scratches on cars, etc.

Other than that though, I eat really well. We all have our fall back menus for dinners, mine is a garlic chicken with panko bread crumbs that never fails. I don't really measure the ingredients anymore and I don't really remember where the original recipe came from, probably allrecipes.com since that's where I get 90% of what I cook.

(For two chicken breasts) In one bowl mix a good pour of olive oil with a teaspoon or so of minced garlic and finely chopped green onions (I have been knows to used dried chives when I didn't have green onions in the fridge). On a separate plate mix the panko crumbs with a solid handful of shredded Parmesan (can use the kraft grated but I tend to keep the fresh shredded deli version on hand), salt and pepper to taste, can also add a dash of cayenne if you want. Dip chicken breasts in oil mixture, then in crumb/cheese mixture and bake til done. Easy, fast, and relatively good for you (a little high in fat because of the oil, but it's really low carb/calorie and really high protein). I typically serve with rice and steamed broccoli or squash both with a bit more of the Parmesan rather than butter.


No comments:

Post a Comment