Friday, May 24, 2013

9 weeks

I think we're in the raspberry size range this week but I don't remember. I'll have to check my book when I get home. I had a follow up sonogram yesterday, mostly just to make me feel better because we lost the last pregnancy at 9 weeks. Everything was great. Strong heartbeat, lots of growth since the first sonogram, right on track for our end of December due date. It was very comforting to have that check up and, even though I have been sick regularly, know that everything is developing the way it should.

The next sonogram won't be until 20 weeks to determine gender and make sure all the organs and body parts are where they're supposed to be. It kind of stinks that we have to wait that long, but, again, it's one of those things where you need to be thankful for the healthy pregnancy that doesn't require extra check ups and things like that.

I'm still having a lot of nausea and morning sickness and my back has really started talking to me, especially when I carry Baby A. I think we're going to really have to start moving away from that and she is not going to appreciate it. She thinks my belly is funny though, especially my belly button. I'm pretty sure I've mentioned my herniated belly button before, well, it's taking on some new qualities now that I'm pregnant again and Baby A loves to poke it.

Baby A is growing so fast. Every once in a while Mama T has to remind me that she's really not a baby anymore and that she can do a lot more than I give her credit for. So, now, Baby A is climbing in and out of her car seat all by herself. I still buckle and unbuckle her but she does the rest all by herself. She's still not 100% confident in it and frequently gets distracted by the pretty baby in the mirror (the one on the back of the seat so I can see her in my rear view mirror). She has started eating regular dinners with my husband and I, whatever is cooked for dinner that night, instead of separately prepared meals and I've turned over more of the eating portion to her control. Mornings are harder to do that with because we have to get out the door by a certain time and she's a very distracted eater. She's a good eater, but slow and if I let her she'd be there for 30 or 45 minutes with her yogurt and fruit.

I haven't gained anymore weight yet and am actually fluctuating between 129 and 130, so that's not terrible considering 3-5 lbs are expected in the first trimester.

Stats:
9 weeks
130 lbs (2 lbs gain)
Nausea, backache, very tired
Already into maternity clothes to hide my poochy belly.

No comments:

Post a Comment