Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Shake It Baby!

I don't do fad diets. Mostly I believe that healthy eating and exercising will get you where you want to go. They may not be fast and dramatic changes and weight losses, but they're likely to be more consistent and permanent when you put in the time and effort to do it right.

That being said, I have several friends who have joined different Weight Loss Shake programs and seen a lot of success.

I have seven stubborn little pounds that I want to lose. Four left from pregnancy and three more just because.

I have 6 weeks until Elle's baptism and I have some very specific goals which include a very specific dress that I want to wear.

So, I decided to try a Shake program for two months to see if it's worth all the hype. I did some looking around and decided to go with Ideal Shake. It was one of the less expensive options and from what I found seemed to be the best mix of taste and results. One scoop is 120 calories, 3.5 grams of fat, 11 grams of carbs and only 1 gram of sugar. That's pretty impressive for a "shake". It's got 11 grams of protein and 5 grams of fiber, so all in all, looks pretty good.


My first months supply arrived yesterday and sadly, I mixed it with water. Not sure what I was thinking. Chocolate water is just not good. Today I brought 1% milk to mix it with and I think that's going to be a better option. So I'll refrain from a true opinion post until tomorrow.

Yesterday I also got on the treadmill AT HOME for 20 minutes while my husband managed dinner with Ali. It was great to actually get to use the thing again. I then had a big chicken salad for dinner and half a piece of homemade banana bread. I also had a small glass of wine after the kids were in bed and it all fit into my calories for the day.

Today I plan on heading to the gym to hit the elliptical machine for a while before picking up the girls. It definitely helps having dinners ready ahead of time. On Saturday I made a massive batch of marinated chicken and on Sunday a big pasta salad with lots of fresh veggies. (I'll share a few new recipes we've tried). The pasta salad was mostly for my husband and I plan on a week of nice light chicken salads.

Tonight I am going to take some before pictures so I can hopefully have a visual over the next 6 weeks as I attempt to get down to the right size for my specific dress (and the hot pink pants!).


1 comment:

  1. I think it's SO GREAT that you've almost lost all of your baby weight! Woo hoo. I agree with you about fad diets, but I think what you're doing sounds very practical. I also know it's SOOO hard to lose the last few pounds, so desperate times call for desperate measures! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete