Monday, February 11, 2013

Sew Important II

Recently my mother and I have been having Friday afternoon quality time which has really been wonderful. It started just after Christmas where she and my sister got me a sewing kit and a pattern and material to make Baby A an outfit. Considering my lack of sewing abilities and general envy towards those who can and do, kind of a cool gift.

I typically work half a day on Friday's, leave at noon and pick up Baby A, grocery shop for the following week and make it home in time for her afternoon nap. So my mother has been coming over just after lunch and by the time I get home with the groceries and Baby A, she has started a load of laundry and has usually started a few other chores. We put Baby A down for her nap and mom and I clean for an hour. Between the two of us, we can get the house dusted, vacuumed, picked up and bathrooms done pretty quickly all while switch over loads of laundry. Then we have a sewing lesson and then we watch the previous night's episode of Project Runway.

I am very proud to say I made pants for Baby A! And they fit her (mostly, they're a little long, but still)! It's very exciting!
Cute!

We are currently working on a matching jacket. Not just a jacket, a LINED jacket. I will admit I"m a little overwhelmed by it but, one step and a time and it's coming together pretty well.

Project Runway here I come!!!

1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful way to spend a Friday afternoon! Your mother sounds amazing! The pants turned out adorable too! ;-)

    ReplyDelete