Tuesday, November 5, 2013

5 Year Anniversary

A couple months back I had been talking with my husband about our pending anniversary and that I didn't know what to do for it. We can't really go anywhere or do anything 'fun' because, hey, pregnant. But it's 5 years, so that's kind of a milestone, right? So he said he had some ideas and that he would take care of it.

I did get him a small gift. He started a new job recently (he likes to do that while I'm pregnant, second time, second pregnancy) and it's a higher class office. Shirts and ties and suits, etc. All his former companies were polo and khaki's style offices. So I got him a really sharp tie bar from Neiman Marcus. Probably the only thing I could afford at Neiman Marcus, but it looks really nice and definitely steps up his game a bit. :)

Our anniversary was last Friday, Nov 1st. My in laws were in town to watch Baby A since my daycare lady had taken a few days off. Since we got up that morning, I felt like there was something going on. Something that everyone was in on and knew except me. Well, I was right.

I only worked half a day and then I went to get a mani/pedi, which was awesome. I got home and walked in the door to see my fall decorations that had been on my dining room table, were now on the kitchen counter.

Strange. But I figured maybe my father in law needed table space for something.

I came in further to see that the table itself had been pushed aside.

Also strange, but maybe his computer cord didn't reach the nearest outlet.

All the chairs were lined up against the walls, and there was no project on the table. In fact, the leaves had been taken out and it had been closed down to it's smallest size.

I just kept looking around oddly. My mother in law had run out to the store so it was just my father in law and Baby A at the house. I looked at him and said 'I feel like something's going on.' He says 'I don't know' in a very unconvincing tone.

A few minutes later, I look out to see this stop outside the house:

The delivery guy comes in and asks 'where do you want it'. I said 'no idea, I don't know what you have'. He thought that was pretty funny, that I had no idea what was coming. My father in law instructed on the where and how and next thing I know. I have this:

Not the chairs. Just the table. The chairs are from the old table. But this, this is the table I have wanted for years. Years and years and drooled over in catalogs for so long.

The chairs will eventually look like this:

They're just a little expensive and we'll have to buy them in two's or three's for a couple months to get them all. But this will be the finished look when I have the dining room of my dreams (without the rug, but with the light).

Really, I have the best husband ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment