Monday, November 25, 2013

Sneak Cleaning my own house.

With the varicose veins issues going on I've managed to end up with a multitude of 'mothers' who scold me for all kinds of things. I am supposed to be staying off my feet as much as possible, and resting. Ok fine, but really, I still have a house to run and a toddler to chase. Those things don't go away.

So, on the phone with my mother last week I complained about my dirty floors and how badly I needed to wash them. I had decided I would do one thing a day and that Friday afternoon my one thing would be to wash the floors. Well, my mother went crazy and said I couldn't do that and my husband needed to be doing these things and that if I needed them washed so badly she'd come over on Friday and take care of that.

So, she came over on Friday and didn't wash my floors. She did several loads of laundry, emptied the dish washer, washed a load of bottles that I had brought up from the basement but hadn't touched yet. So, she did a lot, but she didn't wash my floors.

So, I did.

After she left, I washed the floors. To be fair, I have a super fabulous steam mop and can do the entire downstairs in under 15 minutes when I'm doing a very thorough job. This time around, I just did a 'hit the highlights' version and it took me 6 minutes.

I haven't told her. What she doesn't know won't hurt her.

I do feel more than a little goofy that I have to sneak clean my house.

No comments:

Post a Comment