Monday, March 3, 2014

Back in the saddle

I"m a much better blogger when I'm working. I just don't sit down at the computer on a regular basis when I'm home for long periods. I'm a queen multitask-er and always seem to find time to fit a post in while keeping up with emails and things at the office.

Elle is wonderful. She's so fun and so happy. She is such a joy. She's currently sleeping most nights from 9 pm until 4:30 am or later. She's sleeping for such long periods that I had to go buy night time diapers for my two month old because the diapers for children her age, aren't really intended to last for 8 or 9 hours at a time and I got tired of changing sheets at 4 in the morning.

I'd love to take lots of credit for the sleeping thing, but really it's my daycare lady, Mama T, who has helped me schedule both Ali and Elle from when they were infants to get them onto solid napping and eating routines. Babies like routines. Once you set it and stick to it, they adjust so fast and are happier having that routine in place. They know when they're going to eat next and they know when they're going to nap next. It makes a mom's day easier too, knowing what you can schedule and plan for.

If you have an infant (or toddler) who's not sleeping, I highly recommend the book, Healthy Sleep Habits Happy Baby. I forget who the author is, but it's spot on in terms of setting a nap/sleep schedule and sticking to it come hell or high water. It's really dry (really, really dry), with a lot of repetition but if you skip to the end of each chapter he gives a condensed cheat sheet for what was important in that section.

Back on the personal side of things. I am down to being within 9 lbs of my prebaby weight and I am so close to fitting into my clothes that I can taste it. I was about 5 lbs heavier than I wanted to be when I got pregnant and I had bought a few pairs of 'larger' pants that were one size up from what I would typically wear. Those I can get on and zipped, but not buttoned. That roll of lose skin around my belly is slowing shrinking, but really, I had a lot to get rid of so it's not surprising that I"m still working on it. Ok, ok, I know it's only been 9 weeks. 9 weeks postpartum. I can't expect miracles. But still, I can get my 'smaller' pants up, not zipped or buttoned, but I can get them on, so that's pretty exciting.

Now that I"m back at the office I do expect that dieting will be easier, well, I had thought that until I got in this morning to find they had brought in donuts to celebrate my return...

Diet starts tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment