Tuesday, March 18, 2014

chicken and corn chili


Chicken and Corn Chili
This is one of our favorites and is a nice change from a standard chili. I got it from allrecipes.com, my main recipe site of choice and it is just as easy as it is delish!

4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 jar of salsa (16 oz)
2 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp chili powder
salt & pepper to taste
1 can Mexican style corn (11 oz)
1 can pinto beans (15 oz)

The instructions actually say to cook the chicken, salsa and spices first and only add the corn and pinto beans in at the end, but I just throw it all in together at the start and let it go.

Cook on low for 5-6 hours. Remove the chicken and shred. Return chicken to the pot, stir and allow to simmer for another 30-60 minutes. Serve with sour cream and shredded cheddar. I like to add a little cilantro to mine, but my husband can't stand it so I leave it out of the general recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment