Wednesday, March 26, 2014

I think I killed my plants

I do feel badly but I do not have a green thumb. It's really not any shade that might even resemble green. The plants at my house survive despite me.

I'm fairly sure the day lily died over the winter because I didn't water it. Probably a good reason.

The others have been outside for about a month. The problems is, I didn't put my plants outside. My mom did. On a warm day. Then it got cold again. And I left them there.

We had one good freeze and two of my leafy plants looked a little rough. I have a couple other ferny ones that don't look too bad. Last night though we had another freeze. I haven't actually seen the plants yet to know how bad it is, since it's dark when we leave the house, but I'm pretty confident the rest now look just as miserable.

I had planned on spending some time this weekend re-potting my plants, cutting them back, giving them some new soil and fertilizer. I'm wondering now if all I'll be doing is switching out the dirt so I can have clean dirt in some new pots with no living plants in them.

Well, at the very least, it's an activity that Ali will love, so, if I really did kill everything, I may have to go invest in a few new plant additions before this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment