Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Who stole my peas?

Last night I sat Ali down with her dinner first because I was making some spicy pork chops for my husband and I that we love, but is a little too much for her. She finished her dinner like a champ (leftovers: marinated chicken, steamed broccoli and couscous with a little butter) and then hopped up in my lap while I finished mine. This isn't really a normal thing, typically she'd either go play while I finish, or we'd all be eating together anyway and it wouldn't come up. Last night was bath night though, and I was almost done, I didn't really want her pulling out a bunch of toys we'd have to pick up in 5 minutes so, up in my lap she climbed.

And then, she started eating my peas.

It started off with one or two peas at a time.

Then it turned into handfuls (little handfuls but still) at a time.

And it's really, really hard to argue about your child eating vegetables, even when they're supposed to be yours.

I'm pretty excited about the dinner though. I use MyFitnessPal and when I calculated the calories, the whole thing, chop, peas, rice & butter was only 323 calories!

We're having leftovers for dinner, this time, I'll give Ali her own plate of peas so she leaves mine alone!

No comments:

Post a Comment